· Assist Department Manager to maintain the fleet of ground service equipment (GSE) & vehicles in safe & optimum operating condition, to implement preventive maintenance program and to foster a strong culture of teamwork.
· Ensure the provision of safe, suitable, sufficient and serviceable ground support equipment for the daily ground handling operations.
· Control and monitor the performance of maintenance contractors by service level agreement and full maintenance package in order to ensure established quality and performance standards are met.
· Supervise a team of technicians to conduct preventive maintenance and corrective repair for specialized catering truck & vehicles ensuring optimum working conditions to handle daily air catering services.
· Prepare daily roster and maintain sufficient technicians for the daily maintenance works.
· Execute GSE improvement projects to enhance operational efficiency.
· Review GSE/vehicles’ safety fit-outs and introduce suitable preventive measures/technologies with a view to enhance safety and prevent accidents.
· Plan & recommend GSE replacement to ensure high standard of safe, serviceable and healthy condition GSEs at all time.
· Monitor and control budgetary expenditures in GSE maintenance within the budgeted amount.
· Arrange spare parts & materials to facilitate the preventive maintenance and corrective repair works.
· Degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering or related disciplines.
· Minimum 8 years related experience within the vehicle / equipment repair and maintenance industry or fleet management of which 3 years at supervisory level.
· Possess with knowledge on repair & maintenance technique, inspection and overhauling of automobile or specialized machinery.
· Good leadership, coordination and communication skills.
· Self-motivated, well-organized, independent and willing to work under pressure.
· Competence in crisis management and problem-solving.
· Good command of spoken & written English & Cantonese.